Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
SCI module not working when programmed with PROGHCS08
Juan L. Feb 17, 2021 at 12:05 PM (12:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, I've been trying to download an s-record produced with Codewarrior 10.2 using PROGHCS08 and a rev. D Multilink Universal onto a MC9S08AW60.
    Everything seems to work fine, the microcontroller is erased, checked, the module programmed using the 9S08AW60.S8P algorithm included and even verifies correctly , but when run, the SCI module on the microcontroller seems to not be active. Every other module works as intended, IRQ, timer overflows, but the serial communication does not.
    Could there be something I'm missing on the configuration of the program? maybe something at the creation of the .s19?

Thanks in advance.
    Juan.-

Comments

• Greetings,

This is more of a question for NXP. We can help you with flash programming and resolving any debugging issues.

Things I would try is to create a fresh new project within CW10.2 and without any changes to code start a debug session. Are you then able to see the registers for SCI and change values?

Do you have any defines that tell the compiler to enable or disable the SCI module? That's the only thing I can think of that would affect generating the S19 file.

Takao

• Hi Takao, thank you for answering.

Inside CW10.2 I'm having no issues with the SPI or anything really, both on a new project and on the one the S-record file came from. Tried generating a new project and changing SCI registers values, that is working fine, I've got control over the registers.

As for the defines, not really, the s19 file has the vectors present and

Assuming the s-record file was properly generated, is there any kind of configuration inside PROGHCS08 that I could be missing and thath could cause this kind of problem?

If instead of using PROGHCS08 to burn the s19 on the microcontroller I use the "Run" action on CW10.2 none of the SPI issues appear, that's why I was wondering if PROGHCS08 could be where I'm missing something.

• Greetings,

Interesting that things work fine in CW10.2 but not after programming the S19 file with PROGHCS08. If the SCI or SPI module requires a specific clock, then something you are probably forgetting to do is program the trim. Use the PT command in PROGHCS08 to program the default value. If you have a custom frequency that is needed, then you can use the right-window within PROGHCS08 and there should be a grey button to choose custom trim.

Takao

• It was indeed the trim, it was not that the SCI wasn't working, it just had its timming wrong. Setting the trim register manually fixed the issue.
      Thanks Takao.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement