Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Can't assembly go or source go on ICDPPCNEXUS ?
Green L. Jan 8, 2021 at 12:58 PM (12:58 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    I tried to debug my MPC5748G which have a firmware in the CFlash memory and read/write protection in HSMCode (show xx in memory window). It seems that the CFlash can't be erased when I used PROGPPCNEXUS.

My plan is download erase function to MCU ram and try to erase device.
    After connected device and reset, I played the macro - "nxp_mpc5748g_vle.mac".
    Then I downloaded my image into MCU ram to debug my application.
    When I sent cmd - "gotil main", the status still kept waiting for keystroke. It was not available to "go" the device until main function. If I used "step" for debugging, it was going well.

Should I use a right reset macro?

Comments

• Greetings,

As long as your device is indeed MPC5748G and your code is in VLE and not BookE, then that macro works great.

The main reason why stepping may work but not go/run is that there may be an interrupt that gets triggered. When stepping our debugger prevents interrupts from firing because otherwise it is impossible to debug your code. But once you do a go, those interrupts are enabled and if not handled correctly you may reach an exception. Most important one being the internal watchdog.

Trying to download erase function into RAM and erasing is exactly what PROGPPCNEXUS is doing. Loading the algorithm will load all the available commands into RAM, and calling Erase Module will erase the memory regions specified in the algorithm. So doing this yourself is not going to produce anything different.

In the FLASH module, look for any registers that confirms your findings that CFLASH and/or other regions of memory are indeed read/write protected. If so, there is nothing you can do using your own application in RAM or using PROG to erase or program those regions.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement