Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Unable to Resolve a driver licensing issue
Henry L. Dec 15, 2020 at 09:51 PM (21:51 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using a USB Multilink (P/N USB-ML-12E) with Prog12Z. It has been working fine up until about a month ago. When I opened Prog12Z, I get the error "There is a P&E USB driver licensing issue on your machine. Please download and install the latest drivers from ....".

Nothing has changed on my PC relating to PE micro that I'm aware of. Not sure why this error is now popping up. I've tried reinstalling the software, drivers, and reactivating the license multiple times, but I'm still getting that error.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Follow up question: Upon further research, I see that current prog12z licensing now reside in the multilink device. My device doesn't support this, but I see there is also a trade in program to upgrade my legacy device to the current generation.

Will this solve my current licensing issue?
      Will I be able to trade in my device AND migrate my current license? My current license is being used on Prog12z version 1.96. Will I need to pay to upgrade the license to a newer version?

• Greetings,

Did you recently move to Windows 10?
    The USB driver issue has to do with the old software you are using. There is a software and USB driver incompatibility. For Windows 10, the PROG12Z Release notes mentions:

PROG12Z v5.74.00.00
    8 January 2016
    - Support for ELF/DWARF 3 and 4, and 64-bit ELF
    - Includes WinDriver 12.2 to support Windows 10

The solution is to simply purchase a new software license to get the latest software. However, purchasing the one online for PROG12Z is only for the latest multilink hardware. If you wish to continue using the same multilink you have, then I must create a special software order for you to get a license that does not get stored inside the multilink.

If you do trade-in your multilink for a new one, then you can get a new license online for PROG12Z that can be loaded into your multilink and can be used on any computer or user.

You cannot transfer an old license to a new one, especially one that has been used already and from 10 years ago.

Takao

• We are still using Windows 7. Does the driver compatibility issue still apply?

Which driver version should I be using for Prog12z v1.96.

I'll request an upgrade on our tools, but in the meantime, I still need to get this working.

Thanks

• Greetings,

Did you install this software on your computer, or did you copy/paste it? That can also tell me more information.

Takao

• It was installed.

• Greetings,

Deeply sorry for not getting back to you on this. Have you made any progress?

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement