Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
copy information from MCU to PC
carolina g. Dec 9, 2020 at 10:33 AM (10:33 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• good morning
    I want to make a copy of a Coldfire 4e family microcontroller and pass the information to a PC, and then pass it to another microcontroller, can I only use the debugger? or is all the programming software necessary?
    And I would like to know if to connect the MCF5485CVR200 to the multilink FX it is necessary an external power supply for the micro, if this is how I can do this?

Comments

• Carolina,

You have to use PROGCFZ to program the external flash connected to your MCF5485CVR200. PROGCFZ comes with algorithm files that support a large number of flash devices in many different configurations. We might already have a algorithm that supports your flash. If we don't then we can create one for you at no additional cost. A request must be submitted using the link http://www.pemicro.com/SRS/create_SR_flashAlgRequest.cfm. You will need to provide us some information about the flash and how it is connected to the MCF5485CVR200.

The Multilink FX Universal can supply 3.3V or 5V and under 0.5 A to the target. Depending on how much current your board draws, you may still need an external power supply.

Do you have any other questions?

Regards,
    Johnny
    PEmicro

• Any updates?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement