Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Is it possible to run multiple instances of PROG12Z on a single machine?
David R. Jan 8, 2020 at 11:38 AM (11:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm interested in setting up a gang programmer with possibly 2-4 USB BDM multilinks on the same PC.

Is this a possible configuration (even if additional licenses are needed?)

Comments

• Greetings,

Each software license is single-user, single-seat. Therefore you will require a license for each multilink you wish to run in parallel.

Some considerations with having multiple multilinks on your machine is how to determine which one you are talking to in each instance. You should read the CPROG manual within PROG12Z for "PORT=" and how you can identify multilinks by their PE identifier.

If you wish to continue with this project, please go to Support page -> Support requests to create a ticket. Once we confirm you have the proper number of licenses we can discuss how to get multiple instances of PROG to run on one machine.

Note, very soon within the next month or so we are about to release hardware licensing for multilinks. The license would be within the multilink instead of on the computer. This will help resolve some logistics you may be running into with your gang programming plans.

Takao

• Greetings,

Have any questions or concerns?

Takao

• Greetings,

Just letting you know that we are doing a preliminary run of users for hardware licenses. If you are interested please let me know.

Takao

• Dear Takao,

I'm wondering if this would be possible with more than one MULTILINK UNIVERSAL and PROGPPCNEXUS too?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
      Mathias

• Greetings,

Yes you can have multiple multilinks each with a license for PROGPPCNEXUS. Just let me know how many licenses and how many hardware you want to purchase and I can send you a quote after you fill in your shipping and billing information on your PEmicro account.

Takao

• Dear Takao,

in order to fully understand: If I have multiple MULTILINK UNIVERSAL and the same number of licenses for PROGPCNEXUS I can run multiple instances of the software on one machine concurrently and have them to perform the scheduled tasks in parallel. Each instance has to be set up in terms of communication to ensure the right MULTILINK is adressed. If you can confirm this I'll have a colleague to get in touch with you.

Thank you in advance and best regards
      Mathias

• Greetings,

Yes, you can run multiple instances as long as you have a license in each multilink. It just requires some setting up that I can detail to you in a support request ticket once you have purchased the right number of hardware and licenses.

Takao

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved? Please create a support ticket if you want to proceed.

Takao

• Have not attempted this yet, I have some other more pressing priorities. We did however acquire the additional licenses just have not used them yet.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement