Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Detecting a corrupted srecord
Tom C. Dec 11, 2019 at 10:12 AM (10:12 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We want to verify that the srecord being programed is valid.  When I tested this I was able to change the checksum or data of a srecord so that it would be wrong, but the tool still programmed the file.  I tested this on ProgPPCnexus version 1.42.00.01.

Comments

• Greetings,

We do not validate the binary or srecord files that customers input. This is because we have too many customers who want to modify their own srecord files and a validation would fail.

We could add a command-line flag to check the checksum of each line of the binary before programming. However anyone can still modify the srecord file and update the checksum themselves. It is not the best secure way to know if your binary file is valid or not.

Takao

• Hi Takao,

We ran into an issue where a file was corrupted when we took it from our version control system into the production environment. That is what we were hoping to detect. It would be nice if there was some way to enable this in the utility.

The people that manually edit the srecord could also put the correct checksum in to avoid the validation failure.

Thank you,
    Tom

• Greetings,

I have submitted a feature request internally. We shall see if and when it gets picked up.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement