Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Difference between Licensed version and Trial version of ProgPPCNEXUS and ICDPPCNEXUS
Arthi V. Oct 12, 2017 at 03:50 AM (03:50 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

We are using the trial version of ProgPPCNEXUS v6.22.00.00 and ICDPPCNEXUS v6.22.00.00 software tools for flashing and debugging.

Codewarrior v2.10 is the IDE and the controller used is MPC5643L .

What is the difference between Licensed version of ProgPPCNEXUS v6.22.00.00 and ICDPPCNEXUS v6.22.00.00 and the trial version?

Are there any features updated in licensed version?

Issues that we are having while using this trial version are as follows,

1.] RUN TIME VARIABLES:

For viewing the run time variables, we followed the below steps,
    1. First, In watch window we add a variable which we required.
    2. When we run the software, the variable is showing as "running".
    3. Only after stopping the execution, the value of the variable is
    getting updated and shown on the watch window.
    Whether it is possible to view the run time variable during execution?
    2.] Register values in Register window:

We are not able to visualize the change in the registers. The value gets updated only when the breakpoint gets aborted(we are not able to see the register values with code window being opened)

How to view the register values with code window so that the register values can be checked at each breakpoint?

Comments

• Greetings,

Within the register window, modify your variable and there will be an option to set the variable as real-time variable.

Licensed version allows for programming more than 64K of internal flash. It also removes the limitation that you must erase the entire flash before programming again.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Sir,

Actually we followed the instructions/procedure what you told to view the change in the register values.

But we were able to see the register values only when we applied breakpoints in the program. We were not able to view the register values changing without any interruption.

We want to identify where we done a mistake? So help us to solve this issue.

Also in latest version of ICDPCCNEXUS, we saw a option as run as "real time variable".

Please help us to identify where we are making mistakes for viewing the register values.

Regards,

Arthi Venkatasubramanian

• Greetings,

Is the variable a global variable? Note, that if it is a local variable, then it will get popped off the stack and will not be readable anymore.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Sir,
      The variable is a global variable and the option to set it as a 'run-time variable' was not available in the older version we had used first. But now with the latest version we could see the change in the global variable value at run time.

But when i tried to do the same for a register bit, using add register and selecting, say gpio out register of 98, i could see the current value of the gpio (1 or 0). On running the software, it displays "[running]". Now i modify the display properties of this register variable and enable the run-time variable check box, and then run the software. But now the variable value displays as "[UNKNOWN]".

Note: I downloaded the PKGPPCNEXUS_64k_Trial_Edition software and evaluating in it. When i tried to add register at first, it gave a error message as "no .reg files". Then i copied the .reg files from the older version(1.34.00) of the already installed package to the path with the latest icd.

• Greetings,

Wait, you are trying to do real-time registers? Try a location in memory. For example, in your code, set a global variable to read and save the value of your register. Then you should see the value change in real time. The calls being made to allow real-time is definitely a memory read-write command. Not a register read-write command.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Could you go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket for me. There, post your project if allowed so I can try to replicate it on my end.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Sir,
      I have raised a support request (SR_I.D 25543) as you had asked. Thanks for your assistance.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement