Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROGHCS08 requires MCU power off at first flashing
Agostino F. Aug 30, 2017 at 07:46 AM (07:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I've a problem flashing a MC9S08SH8 with CPROGHCS08:
    when programmin the MCU for the first time a message that says "The target MCU is not responding. Please turn MCU power off" ecc... is displayed.

This is a problem because forces the operator to power-off, power-on and than click "Ok" button

However reprogramming an already programmed MCU don't give the message...

Is there a way to avoid this message?
    Thanks in advance,
    agostino

Comments

• Greetings,

There is no way around this dialog message because of 2 things.

1) The hardware interface you are using cannot provide power to target. If it can, then you are not allowing this setting to handle the power down and up for you.

2) The target you are using does not have dedicated RESET pin. Therefore the only way to enter debug mode is to use BKGD pin to force entry into debug mode. When you get the dialog message, the hardware interface is holding BKGD pin low and when you power cycle the chip it holds the chip immediately into debug mode.

There is nothing you can do with item #2 because of the chip you selected. But to get around item #1 is to use a hardware interface that can power cycle the chip for you. This means you should look into using a cyclone or a multilink universal FX hardware.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao,

your answer is very clear: I'll try to understand why the reset pin is unusable (it is present and connected to Multilink) but I think the best solution will be to use the multilink FX or cyclone...

regards,
      agostino

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement