Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROGZ does not flush lines to the logfile individually
John C. Aug 23, 2017 at 09:52 AM (09:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• CPROG12Z Version 5.74.00.00 does not flush log lines to the (optional) logfile individually.

Although they are flushed when the program terminates normally this is of no use for diagnosing issues that cause CPROG12Z to hang up.

Command line:
    cprogz12.exe ? prog.cfg interface=USBMULTILINK port=USB1 /logfile log.txt

prog.cfg:
    GO

PC:
    Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit

Comments

• Greetings,

The CPROG log file will not give you much information if there is a hang up when running any commands in your CFG file. Typically hang ups are due to hardware/communication issues that CPROG is not going to help diagnose for you.

Are you able to run your commands in PROG12Z just fine? Is it only in CPROG you are running into issues? Are you really only calling the "GO" function in your CFG file?

Takao Yamada

• > Are you able to run your commands in PROG12Z just fine?  Is it only in CPROG you are running into issues?

Yes.

> Are you really only calling the "GO" function in your CFG file?

Yes. This is a minimalist script as I am trying to diagnose why CPROG12Z is never terminating when run from a windows service with "hideapp" (that problem is raised in another thread).

I was hoping to get some clue on that problem by enabling the logfile but it seems that log entries are not flushed, so I see nothing.

• Greetings,

I think the discussion should go in the other forum topic because CPROG by itself is working just fine with logging. The issue is when trying to use it as a service in an automated test which is a completely different issue. That I can see causing issues and I have our Jenkins expert look into this with you.

Takao Yamada

• I raised this as a separate topic as a log (or stdout) that flushes each event would be helpful when running automatically (hidden/"hideapp") regardless of our current specific problem:-

* To assist synchronization with other processes. E.g. we need to test various failure modes during programming such as power fail and comms fail.

* To debug any hang issue in future: I.e. What was it doing when it hung?

John C

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement