Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Error loading .pcp file; Cyclone MAX; SPC5777CMME3
Maik S. Jul 3, 2017 at 05:05 AM (05:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I bought the Cyclone Max programmer for flashing a NXP/Freescale SPC5777CMME3 . When I try to upload the .pcp file for this MCU, I get an error:

Error loading .PCP file: c:\PEMicro\cyclone_max\supportFiles_Qorivva\Freescale_MPC5777M_1x32x1984k_CFlash.PCP at address 00300001

Error communicating to target processor - try a reset

Software is PROGPPCNEXUS_CYCLONE V6.22 (latest download from PEmicro-Website).

With 64K Starter-Debugger I have access to the processor, so I think, the JTAG-communication is OK.

Thanks for short reply.

Comments

• Greetings,

Your device is SPC5777C. 'C' as in Cat.

The algorithm you chose was MPC5777M. 'M' as in Maik.

Please select the correct algorithm and you will have better results.

Takao Yamada

• I am having the same problem, where can I find the SPC5674F flash algorithm for my case?

• Greetings,

Concerning NXP, the SPC and MPC prefix is basically the same. Use the MPC5674F algorithm and you will have no issues.

Takao Yamada

• I used the NXP_MPC5674F_1x32x1024k.pcp and it threw me an error at address 00300001 Error communicating to target processor

• Greetings,

Are you sure the device you are trying to communicate with is the SPC5674F? The most popular way to get the address error of 00300001 is if you chose an algorithm that does not match the chip you are using.

Could you tell me the full part number of the chip silicon? It would be displayed on the surface of the chip.

Another thing to try is lowering the debug shift speed option before connecting to the device. It may be that communication is failing due to fast speeds.

Takao Yamada

• I lowered the debug shift speed and it worked now. Thanks

• Hi, I am now using a different board with the same SPC5674F, I am having problem loading the .PCP file again and this time, when I lowered the debug shift speed, it threw an error of "Error loading .PCP file at address 00300001 Error communicating to target processor". I am not sure why because this chip is the same as the previous one that I worked on

• My mistake, the error at address 00300000

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Try adding 200ms reset delay as well. If you continue to have issues, it is clearly a communication problem and you need to figure out whether you are using a ribbon cable that is too long or you have an adapter that introduces noise. Try shielding your cables to reduce EMI.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement