Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGPPCNEXUS & MPC5748G Censorship Key
Colin O. May 30, 2017 at 07:09 AM (07:09 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

On the MPC5748G (and other similar devices in this range), the JTAG censorship password is 256-bit (and also with restriction on valid passwords).

I haven't enabled censorship yet as it seems on the PROGPPCNEXUS it only accepts a shorter password (presumably for the older models). Will that (a) be fixed, and (b) is there some work-around to send it? I'm not too familiar with 'algorithm' programming syntax but if you are able to write a longer key to the JTAGC register that should work.

Thanks,

-Colin

Comments

• I meant "also WITHOUT restriction" - the MPC5748G UG says any valid 1/0 pattern is valid.

• Greetings,

I have already implemented 256-bit censorship password since October of last year starting version PROGPPCNEXUS v6.9.0.0.

Any questions about software upgrades should be asked in Support page -> Support requests. Do not disclose your license information here on a public forum.

Takao Yamada

• Shoot sorry - for some reason I thought I was using the most recent version of it, but had checked against the wrong reference! Am requesting that now as still have a support contract...

Thanks for the quick response!

-Colin

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement