Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGACMP, need to cycle power after programming to begin execution
Dave S. Apr 27, 2017 at 07:32 AM (07:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi
    I am using PROGACMP to program a number of NXP MKL17Z128M4 devices with a Multilink Universal using PORT-G(MINI IO).

After programming I find it is necessary to cycle power before the processor begins execution.

I have tries the "RESET CHIP" function but it seems to have no effect.

Even disconnecting the programmer and pulling the reset line low (then releasing) does not start execution.

Is there a way to make the processor begin execution immediately after being programmed, ideally after being programmed(PM) and secured(SD)?

I would be Grateful for any help.
    Thanks!
    Dave

Comments

• Greetings,

There may be 2 reasons why you are seeing a problem.

1) Securing the device only happens after a power cycle/power-on-reset (POR). No way around this. If you had a multilink universal FX or other interfaces that had power control, then you could control the power. With the normal multilink universal, you do not have this option and must manually power cycle the board.

2) I am about to release a fix into the PROG and CPROG software for ACMP that allows you to run the software after calling the RESET command. Note, that if a POR is necessary then a simple RESET may still not be enough for some situations when things like security gets in the way.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao
    It executes every time when I program a device though the KDS IDE.

I cannot power the device from the Multilink due to the design.

So you say I your fix will allow me to reset(RE) the device and start execution from PROGACOMP after programming(PD) as long as I do not set it to secured(SD)?

regards
    Dave

• Hi Takao
    When will you be releasing the fix?
    Regards
    Dave

• Greetings,

In KDS you are debugging the code, so I would hope your project runs fine. But in PROG you are simply programming the device.

My fix, which I hope to release within the next week, will send a reset signal and completely disconnect all other signals from the PEmicro interface. This simulates you removing the PEmicro interface and pushing the reset button. But if this still does not run your code, then there is something happening during power up that is preventing you from running the code.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao
      In KDS I can do both, Debug and Release, when I do release it is like using the PD function of PROGACOMP.

When I do a Release program through KDS the processor always executes at the end of the programming, without exception. When I program the same code (.hex file) using PROGACOMP I have to cycle power on the processor to get it to execute. Removing the interface and resetting does not start execution.

regards
      Dave

• Greetings,

Please go to support page -> support requests to create a ticket so that we can make sure your license will work with the new software.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement