Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
pegdb high CPU usage
Alexander F. Apr 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM (11:09 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• When I'm debugging a project using pegdb through Kinetis Design Studio, my CPU usage gets up to 50%. Has anyone else encountered this?

It's not like I'm doing a lot of semihosting calls or anything that should really put a high demand on the debugger as far as I know. It doesn't seem to happen on every debug session so it's not entirely reproducable.

Any suggestions about where to start troubleshooting this?

Comments

• Try installing the latest version of the plugin.

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• I did install the latest PEmicro plugin but I think the issue is still occurring. I haven't discovered a way to reproduce the problem so I put troubleshooting on hold. 

Could be relevant: I'm running a Windows 10 virtual machine using Mac Parallels on a Macbook Pro.

In terms of debugging this, what kind of CPU demand is expected from pegdb? My understanding is that if I've launched a debug session and my code is running on the MCU, but I'm not hitting any breakpoints or making semihosting calls, the debug server should hardly be doing anything. Is that correct?

My plan is to monitor pegdb with procmon next time this happens. I will post the results here.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement