Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Reset detection on Qorivva MPC5xxx
Alexej L. Apr 6, 2017 at 07:19 AM (07:19 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi!

My setup:
    - mpc5643l microcontroller
    - Multilink Universal FX debugger
    - GNU Debugger Client
    - GNU Debugger Server using UNITPPCNEXUS libraries

My situation:
    The software triggers a hardware reset during the initialization. I want to stop the software right after that reset using a breakpoint. The problem is that the processor loses all the breakpoints during that reset.

My question:
    Is it possible to activate some kind of reset detection (which would monitor the reset pin) so the debug hardware detects it and renews the breakpoint settings?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
    Alexej Luft

Comments

• Greetings,

These are hardware breakpoints on the PPCNEXUS devices, meaning there are registers within the chip that allows for breakpoints. If a reset occurs, all of the breakpoints will be lost.

What you should do is keep track of the breakpoints you currently use. What we do in our ICD software is we keep track of your breakpoints and whenever we halt the chip we remove the breakpoints. Whenever you click on the "GO" button (including running after reset) we write the breakpoints before we run.

If you plan on resetting the chip, you should try to halt the chip immediately afterwards and then write back the breakpoints that you have been keeping track of. But if the chip resets itself unplanned, then that is much harder to do. We do not have a reset-detection mechanism in the UNIT libraries.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement