Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Log2Phy_12 tool doesn't have option to select MC9S12ZVL
Kumar S. Jan 30, 2017 at 12:14 PM (12:14 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi, 

I want to convert Logical Record file to Physical S-Record file using Log2Phy_12 application. However, I don't see the option to select controller "MC9S12ZVL" under the option "Device Type" in the Log2Phy_12 tool. (I am using the latest "Log2Phy_12" application).

Can someone help me with this?

Comments

• Greetings,

The reason why it is not there is because you do not need to convert your S19 file for S12Z architecture. This utility is only for HCS12X devices. Do not convert your file. Your S19 file will work.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for your response. I have an additional question, how do I convert a .sx file (generated from codewarrior) to a binary file. I have already used application "srec2bin" and the problem with this application is that it creates a huge binary file (16Mb). Do you know about any alternate way of doing it?

Thanks.

• Greetings,

Why do you need to change the file? .SX is a s-record file which should work on all of P&E's tools. If you cannot select the .SX file when prompted, all you need to do is type *.* and hit Enter to show all files. Even better type in *.sx to show all SX files so you can select it.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

So here is the thing, I prepare a .SAP file (application + boot + calibration)
      and flash it the hardware. I do this using "cyclone image creation utility"
      and it works well.

Now to facilitate easier change of application or calibration (during the course of software development) on the hardware, i use a tool which facilitates flashing of binary files only. So I need to have a binary file
      or a tool which can convert .sx to .bin.

• Greetings,

Now I understand your setup. Although I do suggest using our UNIT library tool that allows you to load an s-record file or bin file into SRAM to run tests and calibrations.

We do not have any srec to bin converters...but maybe this website from ARM KEIL can help you out:
    http://www.keil.com/download/docs/10.asp

You can try using a burner as suggested by Erich Styger of NXP:
    https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/09/27/s-record-intel-hex-and-binary-files/

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement