Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Failure to launch GDB server
steve s. Oct 19, 2016 at 01:39 AM (01:39 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I am running Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0. I am connecting to a FRDM-KL27Z board. When I try to download code to the board, I get this error:

Error in services launch sequence
    Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running.

I am on Windows 7. There is no other version of pegdbserver_console running.

I think the PEMicro plugin is
    Name: GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support
    Version: 2.6.0.201610062322
    Id: com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.feature.feature.group
    Provider: PEMicro Microcomputer Systems

I have also noticed I cannot get the "bootloader" directory to appear on
    Windows by holding the reset button while inserting the USB cable into
    the SDA USB slot. Not sure what that means either.

Thanks.

Comments

• Additional information:

The gdb server launch error may be misleading. Prior to getting the server launch error, I get an error dialog with this:

---------------
    P&E Connection Assistant
    An error occurred while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog. For this launch, you may retry/re-specify the connection with the following parameters:
    OpenSDA-USB Port
    OpenSDA on USB1 (Name=59334E1F)(Autodetected)

BDM Debug Shift Freq: BDM_SPEED = (1): Multilink=0.50Mhz, MultilinkFX=12.50Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz
    ---------------

Clicking the Retry button in the dialog does not work, and the dialog just reappears.

Perhaps it's a hardware error?

• This turned out to be a hardware problem. The OpenSDA USB interface had been isolated from the MCU because several jumpers were missing. The host could still see the OpenSDA chip, but SDK couldn't connect to the MCU. The gdb server launch failure was just a side effect.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement