Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How do I run the PROG16Z software with no interface connected to USB?
Michael S. Oct 1, 2016 at 08:52 AM (08:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I bought the software but it will be a few days before I get the USB interface module. I'd like to explore the software in the meantime, but it won't get past the opening "connect" dialog.

Comments

• Greetings,

You must have a hardware interface to use the software. It does not make much
    sense to go forward without the hardware. The next prompt you get after
    connecting is to load an algorithm into RAM. Without this step, the software
    has no idea what chip it is talking to or what commands to allow you to run. So
    you would only commands you would be left with would be to reset the chip or
    quit the software.

Hopefully the hardware will arrive soon and you will be able to move forward
    soon.

Takao Yamada

• Understood.  Couple more items:

1. FYI - the HLP file that shipped with the software will not open under Windows 10. Had to hack into it. You might consider updating the format.

2. The help files do not list "DE" as a valid command. Has it been removed from the language? Our existing DOS-based system uses an early version of your CPROG16 program. The script we use utilizes a DE delay command. How do we create a delay using the new CPROG16Z program?

• Greetings,

1) Agreed, our HLP files are ancient and Microsoft dropped the support in Windows 7. We are working on updating our documentation into PDF format.

2) DE command still exists. This is just an oversight in our documentation. I have notified our documentation team about this.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you.

Does the Multilink FX come with the ribbon cable I'll need for port H?

• Greetings,

It comes with all the ribbon cables you will need. Please check the product page and we list all the items it will include:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320143

Takao Yamaada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement