Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PKGCFV1_PRO
Ryan M. Jul 21, 2016 at 09:49 AM (09:49 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi,
    I just started trying to use the Coldfire V1 compiler but the build.bat won't run. It appears to be using wait_for_file_to_be_available.exe which is not in the installation. Can I download this?

Comments

• Hi Ryan,

Did you receive the software recently? I'll send you the latest in case you are using an old version. What is your invoice number? I'll edit your comment and remove the invoice number as soon I find it since this is a public forum.

Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Engineering Support

• Hi,
    I just got it recently (maybe last month). My invoice # is [removed by administrator].

• Ryan,

I just remembered that PEmicro had removed the compiler from PKGCFV1 a while ago. You shouldn't have been able to purchase any CFV1 software with GNU, C-projects, and templates. We are only selling an assembly version without a compiler. However I can see that your invoice does show the purchase of the ColdFire V1 Professional C-level Development Package. Something here doesn't make sense to me and we made have made a mistake. What file did we send you? The correct installer file should be PKGCFV1_install.exe dated January 11, 2016.

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro Engineering Support

• I received a CD entitled PKGCFV1_PRO_SW, but also a download for PKGCFV1_install.exe.

• I just sent you wait_for_file_to_be_available.exe

• Got it thanks!

• OK, I've had a couple issues with my pkgcfv1_pro installation.  For one thing, the IDE is actually WINIDE32_64K.EXE.  Is this limited to 64k or something?  The other thing is that if I leave this running and come back to it, if I try to compile I get a memory exception.  The save buttons and editor windows still work, but I can't close the window.

Any help is appreciated. I have the IDE from my V2 dev setup. It says it's the same version, 2.35. It is just winide32.exe.

• Also, the install directory is PKGCFV1PROSTARTER.  What does this mean?

• Hi,
    I need some help with this. I'm worried that my software is limited to 64K which I will certainly exceed. I thought the PRO versions were unlimited. Also, winide keeps crashing. Actually, it won't exit or compile but it will save thank goodness.

Please respond,
    Ryan

• Hi Ryan,

Sorry about the delay. It looks like you were sent the wrong file. The Sales person mistakenly thought that PKGCFV1PROSTARTER was full version with the compiler. I posted PKGCFV1_install.exe to your pemicro account. Please completely uninstall the STARTER software and then install PKGCFV1_install.exe.

I am also sending you separately the compiler files and project templates. These files will need to be extracted and placed into the PKGCFV1 folder.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Hey, that did the trick!  So the only weird thing in my mind is that I received a CD with a key code (which there was no place to enter) and it had the same starter edition even though it was labelled PRO.

Thanks for your help!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement