Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Freescale FXTH8700 Flash Program issue
ivan y. Jul 20, 2016 at 03:29 AM (03:29 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Dear Sir.
    I can use UNITHCS08 library read/write Freescale FXTH8700 (samiler as FXTH8600)0x0000~ 0x028F flash (RAM),But I can't "Write" data to 0x28f~0xffff.

Freescale Codewarrier is avail to read/write 0x0000~0xffff.So, I think UNITHCS08 have some flash protect method or some setting need to change.

Can you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks~!

Comments

• Greetings,

UNIT libraries are not designed to program Flash memory. It has the ability to modify registers and RAM as you have mentioned, but for flash programming we suggest you get our PROG software (PROG HCS08 in your case):
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

You could try designing your own programming algorithms and figure out how to setup the chip for flash programming, but we will not advise or give you the support for it because it was not designed to do that. UNIT libraries are designed to help in calibration and tests after flash programming your chip.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Sir. 
    I had check this link. Is PROGHCS08 support "
    Read" block feature? I need read a security key bank ,combine crystal trim , then write back to flash.I didn't see command or sample in document.
    Thanks~!

• Greetings,

PROGHCS08 can read the flash memory contents as long as the chip is not secured.

You can also program custom trim values in the TRIM registers by using our PT (Program Trim) command. You just set the frequency you wish to use and it will calculate it for you.

You can also use the SD (Secure device) command if you wish to secure the chip.

Takao Yamada

• Hi.
    I just ship a license and 3 activation code.I I need use one laptop to develop and then move my code to production line (another PC). Is it brake rules?.

• Greetings,

Our license is single-user and single-seat. That means only one person's name is tied to the license and you can only use it on one machine at a time.

We usually advise that development team and production team get their own licenses.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement