Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Standalone GDB server for Qorivva
Patrick O. Jul 13, 2016 at 07:10 PM (19:10 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I have recently installed the NXP S32 Design Studio for Power v1.1 development environment.

I don't need any of the eclipse or gcc functionality in this huge install, I only need the pegdbserver_power_console application.

Is there a way to install the GDB server standalone?

Thanks,

Patrick

Comments

• Greetings,

We do not support standalone GDB servers. Right now it is tied to the S32 IDE.

Is there a reason why you need one? Are you trying to do some flash programming? Debugging?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

we do not use Eclipse at the company I work for.

Our development environment is vim/emacs, git, make, gcc & gdb.

We have many gdb scripts to assist in debugging our application.

We previously used a Macraigor JTAG interface which provides a command line gdb server. We use this for debugging & RAM loading of code. Flash programming is done by our own program running on the target.

Macraigor do not support the MPC5777C which is why we are moving to P&E. We were unable to use P&E tools in the past as there was no gdb server available.

In summary, the S32 IDE is completely unnecessary for us apart from the gdb server.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Greetings,

I suggest you try out S32 E200 IDE and get the MPC5777C working.

We sell standalone flash programming software and/or debugging software if you wish to purchase tools outside of the GDB solution. We have a 64k-code-size limited software versions of them on the product page.

PROGPPCNEXUS:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320089

ICDPPCNEXUS:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320116

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement