Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
68HCS08 Library Routines
J C. Jun 15, 2016 at 07:58 PM (19:58 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Interested in 68HCS08 Library Routines.
    Using C, Can you tell what functions are available?
    Is there a function to read/write IO of HCS08?

Comments

• Greetings,

We cannot disclose all of the functions that are available unless you purchase the license for the SDK. But what we do hae are sample API functions. Go to the SDK product detail page (linked below) and look for Support & Downloads. There, you can find the sample documentation:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=29

Takao Yamada

• Thank you Takao. I don't see the functions related to IO for MC9S08QG8 (HCS08).

At least could you let me know if the library would have the read/write IO functions? I look at the datasheet but I don't see the command to do that via background debug.

• Greetings,

The SDK is like a debugger. It can enter debug mode, read/write to RAM and registers, set breakpoints, run your code. So if you are talking about changing the port pin to input/output and reading values, that is all done in the registers of the port module. Not necessarily a command in the SDK.

You need to set the bits in specific registers, then you can read the register values. You will not be able to say something like read pin 4, write low to pin 10. That does not exist in real hardware. Maybe in a simulator you can do that.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

The testing of IO is basically settings high and low bits to the PORT module registers. What other functionality are you looking for?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement