Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Get P&E Micro log file when programming image via Code Warrior IDE
Barak M. May 29, 2016 at 07:34 AM (07:34 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi.

How can I retrieve the operations performed by P&E Micro Multi Link when programming an image via Code Warrior IDE (10.6).

In the Connection's Advanced Options configuration window, I can enable the Flash-Programming Dialog, which displays the sequence performed by the Multi Link.

However:
    1. The takes is not editable for copying (I can "live with that").
    2. The window closes immediately after the process completes.

I can keep it opened by disconnecting the cable, but then I am unsure of whether or not I see the entire sequence.

Is there any way to keep a trace (i.e., as log) of this window?

Thanks.

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you talking about the console when you start a debug session? While you are in the debug session, you can simply select the console tab, look for the options and buttons in the top-right corner of the console window, and select "open console" and select the option for the debug session you are currently running. Another option you can do is "pin" the console so that it does not automatically switch to different consoles.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao.

Well, more or less.

I was actually referring to a different GUI element - the Flash-Programming dialog-box in the Connection's Advanced Options configuration window.

This dialog-box displays the sequence performed by the Multi Link.

But you're right - this sequence is also visible in the console (along with a few other "pieces of text" which are displayed at the beginning of the debug-session).

The problem of both (the dialog-box and the console), is that they clear up as soon as the process completes, and there is no way to determine the exact sequence.

Thank you for your help :)

• Greetings,

Oh that feature. I have forgotten that feature existed. The exact same detail will be shown in the console. The console will be more detailed and informative. Again, use the "pin" console feature so that the window does not go away. But the information will not be cleared up until you close the debug session. You just have to switch the console window. Use the "display selected console" feature with the dropdown to select the right console.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement