Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CProg12z: How to check whether MCU is connected to Multilink
Ujesh M. May 17, 2016 at 02:13 AM (02:13 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I'm trying to program MC912DG128A MCU. I connected the Multi link interface to PC and I did not connect the MCU to the Multi link interface.I then started PROG12Z and tried to connect. I got an error message as MCU was not connected. After that I used CPROG12Z in the same scenario. But this time I didn't get any error code/message and the console stayed in waiting state for a long time. Is there any way to get an error code from CPROG12Z if the MCU is not connected to the interface?

Note: I'm using PROG12Z 1.71 and my requirement is to flash the MCU from a C++ program (for which I'm using CPROG12z).

Comments

• Greetings,

First, let us get your chip is working condition. Then we can discuss how to get an error code to show up.

1) Did you secure the chip? You may need to unsecure the chip if that is the case.

2) Have you been able to connect to the chip before?

3) Which P&E interface are you using. We have many flavors of multilinks.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

My chip is in working condition and I'm able to program that using CProg12z and Prog12z.
    My question is, from CProg12z, is there any way to know whether the chip is connected to the Multilink interface. Prog12z returns an error message in that scenario where as CProg12z does not. I'm using the older, PE Micro USB ML 12.

• Greetings,

Normally you would get an error if you cannot connect to the target when using CPROG. PROG and CPROG are basically the same software with almost exactly the same source code. The main difference is that in CPROG we silent most dialogs to allow scripting to work correctly. So for the UI version to show an error but the scripted version does not means maybe there is an error that pops up a dialog, or we have a bug in the software.

Is the error you see in PROG a pop-up dialog?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement