Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Freescale S32 with PE Micro custom Flashing Script
Kfir B. May 1, 2016 at 09:39 AM (09:39 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I would like to use S32 with PE Micro in order to flash my MPC5748G MCU.

In order to do so, I would like to use my own cfg script, since I don't
    want to erase the whole flash each time.

I understand that this can be done in the cfg script by using EB command instead of EM (that erases all the flash).

Can you please instruct me, how I can do that?

Is the script created automatically or I can point S32 to my own script?

Thanks,
    Kfir.

Comments

• Greetings,

Within S32 E200, there is no CFG file. S32 calls our DLL and runs the same commands to erase, program, and verify. You cannot control this. We cannot control this.

(As part of the development team of S32 E200, I can tell you that very soon you will see support for RAM in the MPC57xx devices, so at least you can program and debug RAM much faster and not having to hit debug and get coffee for flash to program)

Also note, we have not added support for erasing blocks yet in MPC57xx devices. It is high on my priority list and I am hoping to get it done by end of Q2 (roughly end of June). Even then, S32 E200 will not allow you to just erase a block. This feature will be included into our PROG and ICD software for flash programming the PPC NEXUS devices.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for the quick reply,

I see that on S32, there is an option for preserving memory locations in "Debug Configuration" --> "Debugger" --> "Advanced Options".

In the preserve option I choose "Preserve this range (Memory Range 0)

This option doesn't seem to work, this whole block is being erased.

Thoughts?

• Greetings,

I was able to replicate your issue. I will have to look into this. Thank you for reporting this to us and I will do my best to get this resolved quickly.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

I was just wondering what the status was on this bugfix? I'm running into the same issue with it not preserving a memory range.

John

• Greetings,

We have the fix and we will hopefully be releasing soon. I must wait for all the bug fixes and features to be completed before we have a final release.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

Thanks for the answers.

I have tried to create my own CFG file and use command line in order to avoid
    erasing the whole module and erase only the necessary blocks using "EB" command.

But I get Error 33, this tells me that the PCP file does not support this command. Can you give me a PCP that support this command for this architecture (MPC5748G) or instead give me a PCP file that avoids erasing theblocks I need:
    from 0xF94000 to 0xFA4000.

Thanks in advance,
    Kfir.

• Greetings,

Again, I have not implemented block erase (EB). This is not something I can simply unlock the feature or get to you in a week. This is a month long project to enable.

However, the preserve range feature should be working and since it is not this is a regression. This takes much higher priority than a new feature like EB.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement