Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Older PKGHCS08 on Windows 10
David P. Apr 23, 2016 at 07:21 AM (07:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have an older version of this software package that still works fine on my old WinXP laptop. However when trying to install it on a new Win10 laptop it does not find the multilink hardware even with the new drivers. Is there some way to get this to work?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Greetings,

The issue is your software. We updated all of our software late year 2009 to support 64-bit and modern operating systems when Windows 7 and 64-bit was becoming the norm. If your software has issues installing or working in Win 10 64-bit machines, then you need to update your software. You can check if your software is too old by checking the "last modified" date of your PROG or ICD executables.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please go to Support page -> Support requests and let us know your Order/invoice number. Since your software sounds to be very old, I doubt you are within the 2 year period to receive a discount. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=24

(DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR ORDER/INVOICE INFORMATION HERE ON PUBLIC FORUMS.)

Note, that you may not need to update all of your software within PKG. If you are only using PROG or only using ICDHCS08, then you may want to just purchase new versions of those software which you can find on our website as well.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Thank You
    All good, your initial response was what I had thought, just checking...

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement