Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Read-Compare Flash content at MPC5517
Andrés M. Apr 18, 2016 at 07:03 AM (07:03 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I am wanting to read the content of a previously censored using shadow method MPC5517 from Freescale (I have the uncensor passwd) using PROGPPCNEXUS - Flash Programmer + Multilink Universal FX.

I have realized that depending of the selected programming algorithm (shadow or no shadow) the reading content is different. I have done it via "VM Verify module (all range)" command.

Programming algorithms:
    - Shadow: Freescale_MPC5517_1x32x8k_Shadow_Blk_Freescale_H7F_32_Driver
    - No shadow: Freescale_MPC5517_1x32x384k_Freescale_H7F_32_Driver

The intention of read this censored information is compare with initially flashed .s19 file in order to check any SW corruption or change.

Could you please indicate which is the correct method and way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Greetings,

Most Qorivva PowerPC Nexus devices are censored by modifying the shadow block. So when the user is ready to censor, they load the shadow algorithm and change the password and configurations. The CFLASH algorithm (or No shadow as you labeled it) is for people to program their S19 or binary data. This is the program the device will run.

You have the proper hardware and software to do this. All you need to do is within PROG PPCNEXUS when you first open the software, click on the Advanced button and make sure to select "Uncensor device on reset" to Yes. Then type in the censorship password to be able to unlock and read the contents of flash using the VM command. Without the password, you will not be able to enter debug mode.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement