Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ICDPPCNEXUS : Code Window : No source modules referenced in MAP
Raghav P. Nov 5, 2015 at 07:40 AM (07:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I flashed the generated source file by the GHS compiler for the MPC5606B micro onto the TRK-MPC5606B devboard. When i select "Select Source Module" in the code window then i get the error Code Window : No source modules referenced in MAP.

Tool Used for flashing: ICDPPCNEXUS debugger
    Output file type : .elf

Can anyone tell me how could i resolve this error.

Regards,
    Raghavendra P

Comments

• Greetings,

Hopefully in the Help file you found that using High level Mapfile Load (HLOADMAP) and selecting your ELF file will allow the debugger to know where your source modules are located. Note, this only works if the source files are on your computer and in the exact same path that the ELF file has detailed. If the code was compiled on a different computer, then you need to copy the project over.

HLOADMAP can be typed into the console, or you can find the button at the top. Just hover your mouse over the buttons until you find the High level Mapfile Load option.

For more information, please check the help file first. If you have issues seeing the help file, you need to download the Microsoft HLP patch fix here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917607

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Thanks for the information.

I placed the elf and source folders in the same path and still i get the same error.

Could you please guide where might be the issue.

>HLOADDIALOG
      >Clearmap
      >Hload D:\ELF\LED_EXAMPLE.elf
      D:\ELF\LED_EXAMPLE.elf detected as file type ELF/DWARF
      WARNING - ELF file does not contain DWARF 2.0 debug_abbrev section
      Debug Information will not be loaded
      >pc 00003830 ; Setting PC to Elf/Dwarf entry point of application
      >REM ; Use the "Gotil main" command to run to the "maim" routine.Requires debug information
      0 source line records in 0 files
      0 symbols defined
      0 object bytes loaded
      File loaded properly

Regards,
      Raghavendra P

• Greetings,

Looks like your ELF file does not have DWARF 2.0 information. Could you go to Support Page -> Support requests to create a ticket and attach the ELF file? Just yesterday we implemented new support for ELF and DWARF and I would like to know if this solves your issue.

Takao Yamada

• The issue is resolved, the dwarf setting for GHS compiler was missing and after enabling it the issue is resolved. Thanks for your assistance.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement