Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGDSC - Target reset does not seem to work
Leonardo R. Sep 14, 2015 at 03:41 AM (03:41 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm working with PROGDSC v. 5.54.00.00 in order to flash a 56f82723 target.
    Everything works fine, except when I try to reset the chip. In fact I'd expect that after the command is issued the programmed FW should start, but this doesn't happen.
    Is this the default behavior? Is there a way to make the program start after reset? I need this feature because I'd like to use PROGDSC in a automatic test environment.

Thanks in advance,

Leonardo

Comments

• Greetings,

If you use reset, this will reset the chip and re-enter debug mode. Then it will halt the chip. This will obviously not run your code.

If you want to reset, please disconnect the P&E hardware and power cycle. OR you can try using the CPROG command line programmer that is included within PROG software. There is a command RESET and GO that allows you to reset the chip, re-enter debug mode, and to run your code using GO.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you,

I will try with the CPROG command line programmer (I was going to use it anyway, since the scripting requirements for automation) and report the result.
    But I'd like to ask just one more question: Is this RESET and GO command something equivalent to the "Disconnect" feature in Codewarrior? Because right now what I actually do is enter debug mode from CW IDE and then disconnect the debugger in order to let the FW execute and go with the tests. In other words, I'd like to exit from the debug mode with the FW code executing.
    Is there a way to achieve this with CPROG?

Thanks again,

Leonardo

• Greetings,

When programming, the program counter is located within RAM running the algorithm. So you must RESET and GO to change the PC to the reset vector and run the code. There is no disconnect and you will not be within your code during CPROG.

Takao Yamada

• I tried the CPROG software with RE and GO commands. Everything is working fine now!

Best regards,

Leonardo

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement