Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
makemap not adding all symbols
anthony h. Jul 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM (10:20 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi 
    I'm using a P&E USB coldfire multilink with your software. Until today everything was running fine, what I did was compile then makemap. Then I would load the srecord then the map file. Then as per board manufacturer I would PC entry , sr 2700 then go and software would run fine. However after working for some hours today I have an issue with your map file, when I go to "pc entry" the software reports "unrecognisable or improper parameter value". Older software runs fine. On investigation by opening your map file I can see there is no "ENTRY", however on opening my link.map I can clearly see entry and it's location

" 0x600110da SetStackPointer
    0x60010aa4 ENTRY
    0x600110d4 SoftReset "

So I tried to load the srecord, then map, then rather than "pc entry" I entered pc from my linker map "pc 0x60010aa4" everything ran fine.

So I can see my software works, but for some reason your makemap isn't copying over all my symbols. It did work yesterday, however I've now added more code, it's as if your makemap can only copy so many symbols and locations ?
    Can you advise please?

Comments

• Greetings,

I do not know of any problems with symbols not being loaded. For us to replicate this, I think it is best if you could give us a project and scenario of where this problems shows up. Please go to Support Page -> Support Requests to create a ticket so you can post your project and any other information and screenshots.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Have you created a support ticket yet?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement