Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROGPPCNEXUS Censorship Unlock
David P. Apr 10, 2015 at 01:46 PM (13:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi There,

Is there a way to pass in a password to CPROGPPCNEXUS that will uncensor a device temporarily for programming? I don't see anything in the documentation about this. We'd like to lock down our devices but still be able to reprogram them easily for production purposes.

Thanks!

David

Comments

• I know that the PROGPPCNEXUS application can handle this but ideally we'd like to have something that the people on the floor can just press one button to use.

• Greetings,

I was surprised to find that we do not support password uncensoring in CPROG. Indeed we handle it well in the PROG GUI and ICD software. I will request this feature and hopefully it will be available soon.

Uncensoring is supported in our Cyclone Max software and firmware for those who want to use standalone programming.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Nevermind, I was corrected. There is a command for uncensoring but it may have failed to be recorded in our documentation.

The following command must be in the header of your CFG file:

:UNCENSORH x
    :UNCENSORL y

Where x is the upper 32 bits and the y is the lower 32 bits of your password.
    Let me know if this worked for you.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

I've tried to use the uncesoring but I keep getting error 34, unable to enter background mode. Is there a specific format I should have for the upper and lower bits of the password?

Here's my cfg file:

RE
      UNCENSORH 0xFEEDFEED
      UNCENSORL 0xFEEDFEED
      CM Path_to_shadow_0_pcp_file
      EM
      BM
      SS Path_to_flash_file
      PM
      VM
      GO

I've tested that I can censor a device using this script (without UNCENSORH and L). I can't seem to get it to actually uncensor the device however.

• Greetings,

No, the commands must be in your header. Also, do not use the RE command at the beginning of your command list. The algorithm handles resetting and entering the censorship password. It should look like this:

:UNCENSORH 0xFEEDFEED
        :UNCENSORL 0xFEEDFEED

CM Path_to_shadow_0_pcp_file
        EM
        BM
        SS Path_to_flash_file
        PM
        VM
        RE ; RESET here instead
        GO

• Oh, haha. Yup, that works beautifully now.

Thanks again for the help!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement