Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROGPPCNEXUS Port Specification
Dan B. Apr 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM (10:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using USB-ML-PPCNEXUS with CPROGPPCNEXUS. Initially I did not specify the port. I was able to get it working but it could not find the programmer when the same script/command was run on other computers. Running the command once with port USB1 selected seemed to set the port so that subsequent programming runs worked without a port specification. I was going to add the USB1 argument in the next release of the programming scripts. My concern is that the programmer may be on a different port (USB2 or USB3) on other computers. If there is only one USB-ML-PPCNEXUS plugged in will it always be attached to port USB1?

Comments

• Greetings,

Very good question, and this was brought up a couple years ago if there was a way to identify the multilink other than its port. As you have mentioned, there may be other USB devices and that the multilink may not be on USB1 every time.

If you read the CPROG user guide, we have now implemented a way to specify by the multilink's serial number. So for example you can now say PORT=PE5650030. This serial number can be found when you open up PROG interactive software and you can see it in the connection manager. This feature I believe was introduced in July of 2013, so see if your software version is past this date and that feature should be there.

Now if you have no idea which multilink will be connected to which computer, then you may have to resort to PORT=USB1 and hope for the best. You may need to change up your batch script where if it fails on USB1 then to try USB2, USB3, etc.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement