Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
OSBDM-CDC Serial Port Driver could not be installed
culture007 c. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:40 AM (11:40 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Dear someone,

I cannot install the OSBDM-CDC Serial Port Driver in my laptop.

I am using the TRK-MPC5604P: MPC5604P StarterTRAK. After completing all the installation of relative softwares, including FastStartKit for TRK-MPC5604P, FreeMASTER 1.3, RAppID Init for MPC560xP, RAppID Boot Loader, CW for MCU v10.5, I plug the USB line into my laptop, then the Debug Port was installed right, but the OSBDM-CDC Serial Port driver cannot be installed.

I reinstall all the softwares, but the problem is still there.

I follow the ways on the internet, installing C:\PEMicro\firmware_updater and C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers, then manual installing the CDC Serial Port driver, but the problem is still there. And it says that, "Windows has found the driver software of the device, but encountered a error when trying to install it.
    OSBDM/OSJTAG - CDC Serial Port(http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm, http://www.pemicro.com/opensda)
    The system can not find the designated file."

I change another laptop to install all the softwares in the same way, but there is also the problem.

If someone could please tell me what should I do, I will appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Leo

Comments

• Greetings,

If you go into your device manager, do you see any items with "!" symbols indicating a driver problem? Or do you see under "Ports" that the OSBDM CDC Serial Port is showing up?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for your attention.

In the device manager, under "other devices", the item"OSBDM-CDC Serial Port" is with yellow "!" symbol.
      The driver can not be installed automatically.
      Even after re-installing all the softwares, the problem is still there.

Do you have any advise to help me install the OSBDM - CDC Serial Port?

Thank you very much.

Leo

• Greetings,

Right-click on the item with "!" and uninstall. We are going to start over. First, disconnect all P&E related hardware and then install the newest drivers here:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=301

Reconnect the OSBDM and see if it will work magically. If not, we will need to manually resolve this.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for your advise.

I followed your steps, but the driver still can not be installed automatically.
      Then I chose "Update the driver software" to manually install the driver, and set the path"C:\PEMicro\PEDrivers\Drivers_11_7_0" for the newest drivers. After clicked "Next step", an error was encountered.

Look forward to your answer.

Thanks very much.

Leo

• [Resolved]

The culprit of this driver issue is that the usbser.sys file is not in the appropriate directory.

Under normal circumstances the driver installation process is supposed to extract the usbser.sys file from the Driverstore and copy it to the proper place. If it is already there, it will skip that step. On some systems, the extraction step does not happen and you get the error you are seeing.

To resolve, locate and copy the file: usbser.sys to c:\Windows\System32\drivers\

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement