Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error: "Could Not Initialize BDM device"
Riley L. May 15, 2014 at 05:59 PM (17:59 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi there, I am using the USB-ML-CFE Rev. D and am having issues communicating with my Windows 7 64-bit PC. I have CF Flasher installed, but whenever I try to program, I get a warning stating, "Could not initialize BDM device." I have the latest drivers installed (version 11) and it isn't seeming to help. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Greetings,

You may want to contact Freescale about this issue because the CF Flasher is not a P&E software tool. The driver version 11 will allow your PC to recognize your multilink and your multilink's blue LED should glow indicating it is recognized. (The yellow LED indicates if the multilink detects power on your board).

This may be an issue with the CF Flasher is not compatible with the latest operating systems, or it has old DLL's.

To test to see if your hardware setup is good, try downloading our demo software for ColdFire here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=180

Use the PROGCFZ software and try connecting to your board with your multilink. If it connects then it will prompt for an algorithm. This is a good indication that your hardware setup is working fine and that the issue is probably the CF Flasher tool. By the way, our PROG software is a great flash programming tool that works great with our hardware. Let me know if you are interested in our software tools and I can get you up and working on the PROGCFZ software.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to find the solution to your problem? Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement