Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Use PROGPPCNEXUS with board TRK-USB-MPC5643L
Hans F. Feb 21, 2014 at 09:37 AM (09:37 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I try to connect in the PROGPPCNEXUS the device 'Embedded OSJTag',
    but the Software can't connect.
    The device driver is allready installed.
    The error message was 'Undetected. Disconnect/Connect USB Cable. Refresh List'.

The SW version of PROGPPCNEXUS is 1.38.0.3

Please help me.

hans-peter.fengler@volkswagen.de

Comments

• Greetings,

The version of your PROG PPCNEXUS software should work with your board.

Please check your device manager and make sure that when you connect the board you see "Jungo", and within it you should see "WinDriver".

If you see WinDriver, right-click -> Properties and make sure you have version 11.1, our latest driver version. Without the latest drivers, you may have issues with the latest operating systems. You can always find our latest drivers at our support page -> "documentation & downloads"

If drivers are installed correctly, you should also see "PEMicro USB Serial Port" within Jungo. Outside of jungo, you should also be seeing "LibUSB-Win32 Devices" with "Open Source BDM - Debug Port" showing up.

A few other things to check:
      1) Make sure you do not have the OSBDM_IRQ jumper option connected. This puts the board into bootloader mode and it will not show up on your software.

2) Is your board powering up? Make sure the jumpers are connected for the USB 5V, unless you are trying to power the board externally.

3) Avoid using an external USB hub because they do a horrible job of providing enough current to each device connected. I suggest connecting directly from the computer.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Have you had any luck with this?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks a lot.
    With an update of the firmware from the debugger evrything is okay.

Hans

• Greetings,

I am glad your problem is resolved and that you are back on track. I will now post this forum thread as resolved.

Thank you for your continued support for P&E products!

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement