Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Existing custom applications broke when P&E apps were registered
Carl B. Feb 11, 2014 at 01:37 PM (13:37 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• All of my P&E apps were working--icdcfz, icd32z, progcfz, prog32z, as were my custom distributable applications.  I got a new PC, and the four P&E apps weren't registered and wouldn't work, but my custom apps were fine.  I registered the P&E software (PKGCFZ, PKG32Z)and now I can't access anything!

None of the controllers (CF, 68332) will go to background mode with my custom apps and the P&E apps can't connect for the same reason.

I reinstalled all of the P&E stuff yesterday, with no change.

Any assistance is apprecaited.

Carl Becker

Comments

• Hi Carl,

Did you change P&E hardware? If you did, you may need to connect with a different BDM Debug Shift frequency.

If you're using the GUI software, the frequency is selected via a drop down box in the connection manager startup screen. If you're using the commandline software, there is a BDM_SPEED parameter.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Johnny,

No, it's not that simple. Hardware is the same and verified on my old PC. I don't think I mentioned the new PC is Windows7 32-bit. Things were working (except non-registered P&E apps) up to the moment I registered the 68332 and Coldfire packages. Now everything (P&E apps, custom apps)sees the interface but can't force the controller to the background mode. No indication of anything else. The flash version of the FX pod is correctly identified, just won't go to background regardless of the shift speed selected.

I don't know what else to add. Perhaps I should go to a "bare bones" known good sort of setup for, say, the icd32z and get it to work. Then I can address the icdcfz and the custom apps, if needed. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks.

Regards,

Carl Becker

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved? Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement