Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
s19 files compiled with Cosmic, program using Prog12Z
Henry L. Jan 30, 2014 at 08:08 PM (20:08 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a s19 file that was developed and compiled using Cosmic tools. I previously used Zap debugger to flash the micro. I've now acquired a PEMicro USB BDM Multilink interface, and would like to use PROG12Z to flash my micros. How can I take the s19 compiled with Cosmic, and use PROG12Z to flash it? It asks for a .12p file which I do not have, and am unfamiliar with using.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Henry,

The .12p file is the flash programming algorithm. In the PROG12Z installation directory, there is an "algorithms" folder which contains them. You should select the algorithm that matches the exact processor that you are using.

If you are unsure of which one to select, let us know the Freescale processor part number on your board.

Best regards,
      Edison

• Edison,

I am using MC9S12DG256. There are 3 algorithm files for it. Not sure which to use. I also read somewhere that the 12p file embeds the srecords. Will that interfere with the srecord in my s19 file?

Thanks
    Henry

• Hi Henry,

The three algorithms are:

1) Freescale_9S12DG256_1x16x2k_4k_EEPROM.12P
      This programs the EEPROM on the processor at address 0x2000.

2) Freescale_9S12DG256_1x16x128k_256k_Linear_16k_page.12P
      This is the standard algorithm.

3) Freescale_9S12DG256_1x16x128k_256k_Linear_16k_page_PLL.12P
      This is the standard algorithm with the PLL enabled, for faster performance.

The programming algorithm is loaded into RAM will not interfere with your S-records which are located in flash memory space.

Best regards,
      Edison

• Edison,

I have the eeprom mapped to 0x4000, and RAM mapped to 0x1000. Is that going to be a problem? Do I need to modify the 12p file?

Thanks,
        Henry

• Hi Henry,

No I don't think either of these will cause a problem. However, if you would like us to double-check your S19 files, feel free to submit a support request on our website.

Best regards,
          Edison

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved? Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement