Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
MMEVS Write Protect status message
steve c. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I'm using the MMEVS with an EML08KX module. I am getting Write protect status messages when I write to zero page but only if it is an indexed write. I.E a direct write works but a "sta variable,X" doesn't. I have had the emulator working before but it has suddenly decided to produce this error. Has anyone any clues?

Comments

• QUOTE (stevec @ May 16 2012, 10:16 PM) [legacy comment]
    I'm using the MMEVS with an EML08KX module. I am getting Write protect status messages when I write to zero page but only if it is an indexed write. I.E a direct write works but a "sta variable,X" doesn't. I have had the emulator working before but it has suddenly decided to produce this error. Has anyone any clues?

If it worked before, one possibility is the X register is "destroyed" and it has some value that's causing "variable,x" to point to non-available memory.

• I'm afraid things have gone from bad to worse. I can not get all the .s19 code to appear correctly. If I look at the first few bytes of code (from E000) it is not the correct code (I checked the .S19 file). It's not until I get to about $E180 that the code lines up with what it should be. The load command works ok as does the loadmap command (at least no errors are reported)  I am now assuming a fault with the MMEVS hardware. I have reinstalled the MMEVS software in case there was a problem with that. I have reseated all connectors and chips on the hardware. Everything appears to be working apart from my code!! The software is almost complete so I shall have to resort to old fashioned methods of debugging by spitting diagnostic bytes out the serial port of my application if I need to. Very frustrating.

In answer to your post the X reg is reported to be correct, according to the register monitor.

The last problem I had with this system was that it would not accept file paths longer than 80 characters. That took a day or two to sort!

QUOTE (tonyp@acm.org @ May 17 2012, 10:02 AM) [legacy comment]
    If it worked before, one possibility is the X register is "destroyed" and it has some value that's causing "variable,x" to point to non-available memory.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement