Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Stack backtrace
Jim M. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm using the P&E ICDPPCNEXUS Debugger for CodeWarrior (1.30.00.05). I'm sorely missing a usable backtrace from the stack. I can view the stack window but it's literally just the 32-bit stack values.

Is there a way to get this information in the form of a backtrace (like the GDB backtrace)?

Right now I can only use the information by going to one of the source windows and setting the base address manually to match an entry from the stack window. Another option is searching the .MAP file but that's even slower.

A readable backtrace is a very powerful feature -- especially if you can click entries and jump to those functions, etc. This would be a great addition of the P&E ICD.

Jim

Comments

• Hi,

I have just started using ICDPPCNEXUS for the first time. After spending some time trying to work out how to access the stack backtrace function I now see that it's not there at all. Looking at the release notes for versions since Jim's comment, it doesn’t appear to have been added. Please put my vote in for a backtrace function.

Regards, Shaun

• QUOTE (jimm @ Feb 21 2012, 09:26 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hello,

I'm using the P&E ICDPPCNEXUS Debugger for CodeWarrior (1.30.00.05). I'm sorely missing a usable backtrace from the stack. I can view the stack window but it's literally just the 32-bit stack values.

Is there a way to get this information in the form of a backtrace (like the GDB backtrace)?

Right now I can only use the information by going to one of the source windows and setting the base address manually to match an entry from the stack window. Another option is searching the .MAP file but that's even slower.

A readable backtrace is a very powerful feature -- especially if you can click entries and jump to those functions, etc. This would be a great addition of the P&E ICD.

Jim

Hi Jim,

There is currently no backtrace functionality in ICDPPCNEXUS and I agree it is a very useful feature to have. I added it to our feature request list for ICDPPCNEXUS.

Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement