Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Embedded_Multilink_Toolkit for Windows 7 64-bit
Tom H. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hello,

Background nformation:
    The company I've been working for has recently gone out and bought a brand-spanking-new big fancy desk top conputer with lots of ram and a multi-core CPU and Windows 7 64-bit. It must have cost them a pile of cash.

I've been working with a V1 development kit purchased from Freescale that included the Embedded Multilink tool kit. I've been mainly using the terminal utility on my 9 year old Celeron system running XP.
    Now that we have this monsterous supercharged computer, no one has been able to get the Embedded Multilink toolkit to install on it. We suspect that the problem is that the Embedded Multilink Toolkit that came with the development board is not compatible with 64-bit systems. (Embedded_Multilink_Toolkit_Setup.exe).

Questions:
    Is there a version of this tool kit, (or at lest the terminal utility) and the USB-multi-link Flash programmer interface for 64-bit Windows 7 ?
    Are the 64-bit upgrades free?
    How can I get them?

Thanks,
    Tom_too

Comments

• Tom,

There is a 64 bit compatible version of our terminal utility in the P&E Kinetis OSBDM toolkit which you can download from the following link:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=332" target="_blank">http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_...download_id=332

-Johnny

• Thanks Johnny.

I downloaded the file at home today, Sunday. I'll find out if it works tomorrow.

Tom_too

• Well, I managed to get the terminal window to come up on a 64-bit Windows 7 system.

It communicates with the Demo board, it will display messages sent from the Demo board,

If I type a command in the window, the characters I typed do not show up,
    but when I hit return the command is sent to the demo board and it responds appropriately.
    I suppose it's better than nothing.

Tom_too

• QUOTE (Tom_too @ Aug 29 2011, 04:35 PM) [legacy comment]
    Well, I managed to get the terminal window to come up on a 64-bit Windows 7 system.

It communicates with the Demo board, it will display messages sent from the Demo board,

If I type a command in the window, the characters I typed do not show up,
    but when I hit return the command is sent to the demo board and it responds appropriately.
    I suppose it's better than nothing.

Tom_too

Hi Tom,

There is a Duplex option in the top right corner. Set it to Half Duplex and it should show the characters that you typed.

Full duplex mode mean the utility will send your characters to the virtual serial port but echo back the response only.

Half duplex mode means the utility will send your characters to the virtual serial port. Then it will echo back what you typed and the response.

There was actually a bug in version 1.01 that caused it to always startup with half duplex even though it was set to full.

-Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

• QUOTE (Johnny @ Aug 30 2011, 11:20 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hi Tom,

There is a Duplex option in the top right corner. Set it to Half Duplex and it should show the characters that you typed.

Full duplex mode mean the utility will send your characters to the virtual serial port but echo back the response only.

Half duplex mode means the utility will send your characters to the virtual serial port. Then it will echo back what you typed and the response.

There was actually a bug in version 1.01 that caused it to always startup with half duplex even though it was set to full.

-Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Thank's Johnny,

By the time I managed to get 7 to do any thing, I was so frazelled that I didn't even notice the configuration choices.
    The terminal window is running now, on 7.

7 is giving me headachs wiht everything.

Tom_too

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement