Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CFP File for Spansion
Igor A. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I have trouble programming a Spansion flash, more specifically the Spansion_29GL064N_04_1x16x4meg_5272. The CFP file I using assumes that RAMBAR is in the address 80000000 when my board uses 10000000. The s19 part of CFP starts with S3158000000 records.
    Until now I was using an AMD flash, 29LV640M-B whose records began in S31510000000 and everything was going well, without writing any prior registration (WRITE_LOG or CONTROL).
    Anyone have a CFP file for this flash model that works, the problem is thah I can not program or erase any word.

Comments

• Hi Igor,

The RAMBAR can be configured to any address value. I believe most of P&E's ColdFire flash programming algorithms are based at address 0x8000_0000, so the RAMBAR would be configured in this way. The RAMBAR used by the flash programming algorithm is not affected by the RAMBAR that you actually use in your application code.

Are you able to use the Show Module command to read data from the flash? I would recommend submitting a support request on our website so that we can help you compare the 2 algorithms and also double-check your hardware setup.

Best regards,
    Edison

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement