Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Unable to program in Monitor Mode (MC68HC908AZ60A)
Hawk G. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hi Experts, 

I have prog08sz.exe version 1.96, and running on Win2000, this application can program my device, but it's not work on the PC running on WinXP.

Refer to AN2156.pdf (MC68HC908AZ60A application notes), some procedures need to be followed, and some registers (EEDIVH/L, EEACR, EECR, etc.) needs to be config during the programming.
    I track what this application do on COM port, I found out that, the prog08sz did not use any procedure in AN2156 or MC68HC908AZ60A datasheet (none of EEDIVH/L, EEACR, EECR register address be used, and some 'new' command be used, e.g. 0xAA, 0x5F, etc.).

Any one can tell me why prog08sz not work in XP, and what kind of procedure prog08sz actually using?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi gzhawk,

Are you using the serial (COM) port to directly program the HC908AZ60A processor? Can you confirm that you have tried using a board that used to work on the Windows 2000 machine?

Best regards,
    Edison

• QUOTE (Edison Tam @ Dec 11 2010, 06:23 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hi gzhawk,

Are you using the serial (COM) port to directly program the HC908AZ60A processor? Can you confirm that you have tried using a board that used to work on the Windows 2000 machine?

Best regards,
    Edison

Hi Edison,

After I download and install the latest prog08sz (version 2.32), it works now.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Hawk

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement