Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Elf/Dwarf?
John L. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I was informed that the ICD32Z works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 output file formats. I am looking at the Code Warrior Embedded 68k version 3.2 tool chain. It claims to output Elf but doesn't indicate Dwarf. Is pure ELF ok? Are there different versions of Elf, i.e. 1.0, etc.? I'm primarily concerned with compatibility.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• QUOTE (ByteMaster @ Aug 17 2010, 10:22 AM) [legacy comment]
    I was informed that the ICD32Z works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 output file formats. I am looking at the Code Warrior Embedded 68k version 3.2 tool chain. It claims to output Elf but doesn't indicate Dwarf. Is pure ELF ok? Are there different versions of Elf, i.e. 1.0, etc.? I'm primarily concerned with compatibility.

Thanks,
    John

Hello John,

I believe I already spoke with you on the phone about this issue. Did you get an answer from Freescale? If not, let me know and I'll try to find out for you.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

• QUOTE (Johnny Ng @ Aug 20 2010, 09:35 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hello John,

I believe I already spoke with you on the phone about this issue. Did you get an answer from Freescale? If not, let me know and I'll try to find out for you.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Johnny,
    I didn't get a clear answer from Freescale so what we're thinking about doing is getting the PE debugger and USB Multilink and see how much of the IEEE695 is functional. At this point I only need very basic capability. I will also try using the CodeWarrior suite with it as well. I'll let you know how things work out for us.
    John

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement