Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Need Debugger for Legacy 68332 System
John L. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I need the capability to do source level debugging in a legacy environment. The target processor is a Freescale MC68332GCFC. I am assuming that what I need is the USB-ML-16/32 debugger interface with the ICD32Z Debugger software. The tool chain being used is very old and I am trying to get documentation on it from our client. 

It is a Microtec Research tool chain and consists of:

Compiler -- MCC68K -- 4.4
    Assembler -- ASM68K -- 7.0
    Linker -- LNK68K -- 7.0

Does anyone know what the possible output formats are for the linker and if it can produce a format compatible with the ICD32Z?

Thanks
    John

Comments

• QUOTE (ByteMaster @ Aug 5 2010, 05:43 PM) [legacy comment]
    I need the capability to do source level debugging in a legacy environment. The target processor is a Freescale MC68332GCFC. I am assuming that what I need is the USB-ML-16/32 debugger interface with the ICD32Z Debugger software. The tool chain being used is very old and I am trying to get documentation on it from our client.

It is a Microtec Research tool chain and consists of:

Compiler -- MCC68K -- 4.4
    Assembler -- ASM68K -- 7.0
    Linker -- LNK68K -- 7.0

Does anyone know what the possible output formats are for the linker and if it can produce a format compatible with the ICD32Z?

Thanks
    John

Greetings John,

ICD32Z requires a DWARF 2.0 compliant ELF file for C source level debug. Please refer to the compiler documentation or contact your vendor to determine if this is a supported output.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement