Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Read and upload all memory of MC9S12DG128 with PROG12Z
David M. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hello,

I'm working on a project with a 9S12DG128 and I need help.

My project is to test some electronics cards with a 9S12DG128, i need to test the hardware but after the test i need to download a program from an other card.
    So, i upload the EEprom and the linear memory with the modules (.12P) with PROG12Z but when i want to download the firmware on a card it doesn't work.

My questions are :

- How can i upload all of memory pages with the software PROG12Z ?
    - How can i modify the module (.12P) to access all memory?
    - Can i upload all parameters of the EEPROM and download it on an other card?
    - Are there some bit who block the access of the memory?

So i need to make a perfect clone of one card to many cards with the firmware and parameters.

Thanks you

David

Comments

• QUOTE (DavidDoudou @ Jun 7 2010, 05:18 AM) [legacy comment]
    Hello,

I'm working on a project with a 9S12DG128 and I need help.

My project is to test some electronics cards with a 9S12DG128, i need to test the hardware but after the test i need to download a program from an other card.
    So, i upload the EEprom and the linear memory with the modules (.12P) with PROG12Z but when i want to download the firmware on a card it doesn't work.

My questions are :

- How can i upload all of memory pages with the software PROG12Z ?
    - How can i modify the module (.12P) to access all memory?
    - Can i upload all parameters of the EEPROM and download it on an other card?
    - Are there some bit who block the access of the memory?

So i need to make a perfect clone of one card to many cards with the firmware and parameters.

Thanks you

David

Hello David,

There are two algorithms that you need:
    "Freescale_9S12DG128_1x16x64k_128k_Linear_16k_page.12P" - This algorithm is for all pages of internal flash
    "Freescale_9S12DG128_1x16x1k_2k_EEPROM.12P" - This algorithm is for EEPROM

Once communication with the target micro is established, you have to load the algorithm for the internal flash. Then you can upload all the pages of internal flash into a s-record file by using the "Upload Module" command. When you click Upload Module, you are prompted to enter the file name and it is saved to your prog12z directory. You can also enter the path to where you want the file to go.

You can upload EEPROM with the same procedure above but you just load the algorithm for EEPROM. You can then program other boards with the saved s-record file.

You can block access(reading and programming) to the internal flash through BDM if you engage security on the device. This is liekly the issue if you can no longer enter background mode and you receive an error message about teh io delay count.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement