Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Wayback - ICS05B serial communication
. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hello:
    I'm using ICS05BZ, and am modifying ancient code, testing with an HC705B16 window part.
    Just like the question of post 2749 (for ICS05JZ in Feb'09), I'm having serial port - PC connection problems.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• QUOTE (Joe Curren @ Dec 10 2009, 01:54 PM) [legacy comment]
    Hello:
    I'm using ICS05BZ, and am modifying ancient code, testing with an HC705B16 window part.
    Just like the question of post 2749 (for ICS05JZ in Feb'09), I'm having serial port - PC connection problems.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hello Joe,

You probably need the latest version. I created an account for you on the main site (using the same email address) and then I posted the file to that account. You have to click on the link in the account validation email to activate it. Then log into your account and go to the home page to download.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

• Thanks Johnny - expecially for the very fast response.
    Unfortunately, it looks like I still need to use the old P4 3GHz system; on the newer AMD PhenomIIx3 2.6 GHz, I can't get
    any permutation to connect: (XP Pro SP3 on both systems)
    Tried:
    COM1: on-board port, FIFOs on / off, both 115K and 19.2K.
    COM2: USB to Serial, with latency and timeouts set to high and /or low values, 115K and 19.2K.
    Each time, the status shows 'Attempting to open COMx ... Failing to connect on COMx'.
    With the USB port, on the *second* retry, 'Attempting to open COM2 ... Failure to open COM2 (ie_Open - device already open).
    (this doesn't happen with COM1).
    I set the Application Compatibility of ics05bz.exe to Windows 95; this works for the P4 system.
    I even tried ICS05B on Win98, running in a VirtualBox VM; no luck sad.gif .
    Using Hyperterm, resetting or powering the board kicks out an 'R', if that is meaningful.
    Is there a command spec for this? I'm mainly interested in the programming capability, not so much the simulator.
    While I'd love to port this product over to an RS08 part, I'm stuck with this inherited design, an HC705B16!
    Thanks again for your help--
    Joe Curren

• Ugh-  As usual, low-tech root cause of problem: bad serial cable.  rolleyes.gif 
    I'd taken it from the sealed bag that came in the ancient M68ICS05B box, and
    *assumed* that it would be good.
    I dug up an old known-good cable, and connection worked the first time.
    This rates a double: rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
    Thanks again for your help.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement