Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Error 45 Multilink Universal
Victor Hugo V. Aug 27, 2020 at 01:34 PM (13:34 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm using a Multilink Universal Rev. D Part# USB-ML-UNIVERSAL to update some firmware on a equipment with a MC9S08QE32CLD and I get a error 45 (previously I used a USB -BDM Multilink Rev C and this error never appeared). I updated the drivers and firmware of the multilink and the error continues.
    I'm using a windows 10 home x64 and The PEmicro connection manager sees the connection OK. I don't know what else to do.

Could someone please help to solve this problem or provide me some information?

A helpfully at the earliest is appreciated
    Thanks and Regards.

Victor.

Comments

• Greetings,

What software are you using and its revision? This is most likely a software to hardware incompatibility issue.

Takao

• Hi, Takao

Thanks for you early response. I'm using PROGHCS08 1.79.00.00, is it the software do you refer?

Victor

• Greetings,

Yes, that is the software and version I am looking for. Your software is very old, from year 2012 and not able to support new hardware because concept of a Multilink Universal was not even invented yet! That USB-BDM Multilink Rev C is even older, around year 2010.

With the new hardware, based on our release notes you must have minimum version:
    PROGHCS08 v6.94.00.00
    25 July 2018
    - Support for USB ML Universal Rev D
    - Support for USB ML Universal FX Rev C
    - Support for Intel HEX Extended Address Memory

Therefore you will need to upgrade your software version to get your multilink to work. The latest version we have released is 7.95.0.1:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

Takao

• Hi, Takao

I have updated the software version (Now I am using PROGHCS08 7.95.00.00) and it seems that the error 45 was fixed, but now when I try to program I get a Error 1. Also, I tried to use the software PE Micro License Manager but it seems can not detect the Multilink.

Do you know How could I fix this problem?
      Thanks.

Victor.

• Greetings,

All error numbers can be found in your PROG user manual. A whole chapter on it. Error 1 indicates cancellation by user. Are you sure you are using PROGHCS08, and not CPROGHCS08? Please use PROGHCS08 to debug all your issues.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement