Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Multilink Universal and LPCSCRYPT
Michael C. Aug 24, 2020 at 01:21 PM (13:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have just purchased a multilink universal.  I have a LPC1127 chip that I want ot connect to using SWD.  I plan to use lpcscrypt to do what I need to.  lpcscrypt looks for a serial port, is multilink suppoed to show up as a com port?

I checked the device manager and the entries under Jungo are all good. pemicrowindrv, USB Multilink 2.0 and WinDriver, are there and good, no warnings.

When I run lpcscrypt it cannot find a com port, which is why I'm comming here first. Should the multilink present a com port? If not is there a way to use lpcscryot with multilink?

Comments

• Greetings,

We have no support for LPCSCRYPT. Our tools not only does it require the latest USB drivers, but there must be driver DLL that interact with the multilink and the utility would need to use the API to communicate.

What is your end goal? You need a command-line flash programming solution? If so we have the PROGACMP software which comes with a command-line version called CPROGACMP:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

Takao

• I have a device with a NXP LCP1227 chip.  I need to connect to it and read the memory and eeprom. 

I'm running on Win 10 and I do have the drivers installed.

• Greetings,

Our PROGACMP software can help you read the memory contents using our "Upload module" commands. You need to purchase a software license for PROGACMP at the link I sent you.

Otherwise, the other solution is to use NXP's MCUXpresso IDE software and enter a debug session without it erasing the memory contents and you can try dumping the memory from there. That is something you could use with your multilink as well. You will need good Eclipse knowledge to understand what to do here.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement