Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PE ML debugger not detected on Windows Server 2012
Hari T. May 4, 2020 at 04:58 AM (04:58 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I use Windows VM for development and the VM is configured with Windows Server 2012. When I connect PE Multilink universal debugger to VM, it's detected as "Unknown Device". I downloaded and installed Driver 12.7 and even when I try to update driver, windows could not identify the driver software.

On my native PC with Windows 10, the device is detected as "Jungo Connectivity" and drivers are updated without any issues. I have issue only with Windows VM, configured with windows server 2012.

Is the driver software compatible with windows server 2012? Please can you let the steps to be performed to detect the debugger hardware and configure it, so that I can start using it.

Hari

Comments

• Greetings,

Which VM solution are you using? VirtualBox tends to have issues with our drivers, while VMware has no issues at all.

Takao

• I am using VMware. 

Hari

• Greetings,

Make sure the USB drivers are installed on both the host machine and virtual machine. You need to have the host recognize it, then pass it along to the virtual machine.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any other questions or concerns?

Takao

• Takao, 
      Thanks for your inputs.
      I have the debugger perfectly working in the host machine. However, I continue to have issues with VM with Windows server 2012. I finally gave up and resort to Windows 10 for VM and it's working now. I am not sure, whether the driver files are compatible with Windows Server 2012.

Regards
      Hari

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement