Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
MIMXRT1020 - iMXRT1021 Won't Connect
Ellen S. Mar 23, 2020 at 11:56 AM (11:56 hours)
Staff: Juan S.

• I have a new PE Micro Multi-link FX and am trying to connect to the RT1021 on their evaluation board or just our own new hardware to debug but it will not connect.  Something is happening because it goes from running the blinky light program to being halted when I try to connect.  

I'm running MCUXpresso 11.1.0 and it automatically updated the firmware and driver for the debugger.

Do you know if there is something that must be done in order to put the 1021 in JTAG mode? I realize this isn't your area but I'm just praying someone has encountered this before and can give me a hand.

Thanks!

Comments

• I forgot to mention that the new Multi-link universal FX works on our old hardware.  The evaluation board works great with the onboard OpenSDA debugger, but when I remove the jumpers on the board to it, it won't work with the multilink.  The other 1021 hardware is just being brought up and it doesn't connect either, which is why we were trying the eval board first.  

Thanks

• Hi Ellen, 

Can you please make sure you are using the latest GDB Server plugin version? Below is a link with instructions on how to update your plugin.

http://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=124

Regards,
    Juan See

• It says all updates are installed.

• Hi Ellen, 

Awesome.

You mentioned that the Multilink Universal FX works on your old hardware. Is the old hardware also a IMXRT1021?

On the Evaluation board, what jumpers are you removing?

Also, how is power being provided to the IMXRT1021 eval board? Which usb board are you connecting?

Regards,
    Juan See
    PEmicro

• The old hardware it works on is a kinetis processor.  
    I've tried removing just jumpers J27 and J28. I've also tried removing J25-J28.
    I'm powering the board via the USB cable used for debugging with OpenSDA connected to J23. I've tried with the USB cable plugged into the computer for power and I've tried the USB cable plugged into a phone charger in an outlet. I do have a regular USB micro cable I could try also.

• Hi Ellen, 

Could you please try the following:
    1. On J1 of the EVB board, move the jumper to 3-4.
    2. Move the USB cable from J23 to J9 on the EVB board
    3. On the USB-Multilink FX remove the power jumper
    4. Connect the standard arm 20 pin ribbon cable from the USB-Multilink FX PortB to J16 on the EVB. Verify that the yellow and blue led on the USB-Multilink FX are lit.
    5. Try and launch a debug session in MCUXpresso using the USB-Multilink FX.

Regards,
    Juan See
    PEmicro

• This also failed.

• To be clear, I also have jumpers removed from J25-J28.

• Hi Ellen,

Can you please make sure that SW8 is set to 0010?

Regards,
    Juan See
    PEmicro

• Yes, it is.

• Note: I have the blinky demo project on the flash and when I try to debug, it goes from flashing every second to off all the time so the processor must be halted.

• Hi Ellen, 

Could you please open a support request on our website and provide a screen capture of the error that you are seeing?

Regards,
    Juan See
    PEmicro

• I certainly will if I can.  I've tried a few times from two different browsers and have gotten errors.   I'll try again later.
      Thanks

• Hi Ellen, 

If you are trying to attach a picture or a video, please add it to a zip file before attaching.

Thaks,
    Juan See
    PEmicro

• Thanks!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement