Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Breakpoints not going off in FREERTOS Tasks only in Main Thread
David H. Jan 28, 2020 at 11:30 AM (11:30 hours)
Staff: Gilbert Y.

• Breakpoints I set in mcuxpresso do not go off on threads other than the main startup code. When a breakpoint should go off instead in the console I get:

PE-ERROR: ERROR: Expected 4 threads but only found 3
    PE-ERROR: ERROR: Could not find thread-id 20002CC8 (this a timer related task that is a framework over freertos by nxp but this would vary depending which task I set a breakpoint in)

I am using a PE Micro Universal Multilink and the chip I am trying to debug is a NXP KW41Z.

If any other info would help I would be more than happy to oblige.

Here’s a link to the nxp post I made for more info / project download.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1259633

And on the FREERTOS Forums:

https://forums.freertos.org/t/breakpoints-do-not-trigger-on-anything-besides-main-task/8705

Thanks for any help. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Comments

• Hi David,

I read through your post on the NXP forums and it seems like you resolved your issue. Do you still need any assistance with your project when using our MultiLink Universal?

Regards,
      Gilbert Y.

• I resolved my issue by moving to a JLink by Segger. So if you would like us to continue using and purchasing our PE Micro products we need to get to the bottom of why I can't multithreaded debug with the PE Micro Multilink Universal Rev. C.

Thanks.

• My apologizes, I misread your post on the forums and thought that the issue ended up being something unrelated to the MuliLink.

Can you provide me what version of MCUXpresso you are using and the PEmicro plugin version?

• MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12]
            (c) Copyright 2006-2019 NXP

Java version: 1.8.0_201

GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support   4.4.9.202001152348
            GNU E200 PEMicro Interface Debugging Support   1.9.9.201907200403
            PEmicro ARM Device Expansion Plugin   4.4.9.202001152348

• Hi Dave,

I saw the project that you provided on the NXP forum and have been able to recreate the issue on our end. I will pass this along to our engineering team and get back to you when we have more information on the issue.

Regards,
              Gilbert Y.

• I used a Segger J-Link programmer and it works perfectly fine. I still would like to get to the bottom of this as we have a bunch of Multilinks I would still like to use.

• Hi David,

Thank you for reporting this. We have logged this issue internally and will be investigating shortly. I will let you know when we have an update.

Best regards,
      Edison

• Hi David,

We just made some changes to our device support algorithms that resolves a different issue in FreeRTOS that may be linked with the issue that you were facing.

Please download the new Kinetis internal flash algorithms from the following link:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/flash_algorithm/ARM_internal_flash_alg_download.cfm

Once you have downloaded the zip file, please unzip it. Navigate to your PEmicro plugin folder in MCUXpresso, which should resemble this:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.0_3209\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_4.5.8.202003301732\win32\gdi\P&E

Please make a back of the existing "supportFiles_ARM" folder, and then replace it with the one that you have unzipped. Please let me know if you have any questions and the results of the update for you.

Thank you,
      Gilbert Y.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement